Jump to Main Content
- O'Leary, Jade, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Fungal ecology 2018 v.33 pp. 32-39
- Basidiomycota; community structure; decayed wood; fungal communities; fungi; spatial variation
- ... Community dynamics are mediated by species interactions, and within communities spatial heterogeneity and intransitive relationships promote coexistence. However, few experimental studies have assessed effects of heterogeneity on the interactions of competing individuals. Wood decay basidiomycete fungi are ideal for studying community structure and dynamics because they are easy to manipulate in l ...
- O'Leary, Jade, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Fungal ecology 2019 v.39 pp. 336-348
- Basidiomycota; biomass; carbon cycle; carbon dioxide; climate change; climatic factors; community structure; decay fungi; enzyme activity; extracellular enzymes; forests; microclimate; photosynthesis; temperature; territoriality; volatile organic compounds
- ... The terrestrial carbon cycle is largely driven by photosynthetic plants and decomposer organisms that process biomass to CO2. In forest ecosystems, the decomposers are predominantly wood decay fungi, and the response of community structure and activity to increasing global temperatures is likely critical to forest biogeochemical processes. Metabolic products can drive community structure and subst ...