Jump to Main Content
- Obregón, Ana M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Nutrition 2017 v.35 pp. 139-145
- alleles; body mass index; boys; childhood obesity; children; cross-sectional studies; dopamine receptors; energy intake; food reinforcement; genotype; girls; hunger; overeating; polymerase chain reaction; questionnaires; risk factors; satiety; undereating
- ... Studies have established a strong genetic component in eating behavior. The TaqI A1 polymorphism (rs1800497) has previously been associated with obesity and eating behavior. Additionally, this polymorphism has been associated with diminished dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) density, higher body mass, and food reinforcement. The aim of this study was to evaluate the association between the DRD2 rs180049 ...
- Obregón, Ana M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Nutrition 2014 v.30 no.2 pp. 145-149
- alleles; body mass index; case-control studies; childhood obesity; children; confidence interval; eating habits; homozygosity; hunger; odds ratio; questionnaires; satiety
- ... The aim of this study was to assess the association between melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) rs17782313 alleles with obesity and eating behavior scores in Chilean children.A case–control study was conducted with 139 normal-weight and 238 obese children (ages 6–12 y). MC4R rs17782313 genotypes were determined by quantitative-polymerase chain reaction allelic-discrimination assays. Eating behavior sco ...
- Obregón, Ana M, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Nutrition journal 2011 v.10 no.1 pp. 434
- childhood obesity; children; disease outbreaks; foods; gender; ingestion; overeating; questionnaires; satiety; Chile
- ... BACKGROUND: Inadequate eating behavior and physical inactivity contribute to the current epidemic of childhood obesity. The aim of this study was to assess the association between eating behavior scores and childhood obesity in Chilean children. DESIGN AND METHODS: We recruited 126 obese, 44 overweight and 124 normal-weight Chilean children (6-12 years-old; both genders) according to the Internati ...
- PubMed Central: