Jump to Main Content
- Ogino, Hidetaka, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2015 v.99 no.17 pp. 7229-7240
- DNA; Gluconacetobacter xylinus; cellulose; cellulose synthase; frameshift mutation; operon; phylogeny; sequence deletion; sequence homology; transposons
- ... Gluconacetobacter xylinus (formerly Acetobacter xylinum and presently Komagataeibacter medellinensis) is known to produce cellulose as a stable pellicle. However, it is also well known to lose this ability very easily. We investigated the on and off mechanisms of cellulose producibility in two independent cellulose-producing strains, R1 and R2. Both these strains were isolated through a repetitive ...
- Ogino, Hidetaka, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of bacteriology 2011 v.193 no.24 pp. 6997-6998
- Gluconacetobacter xylinus; cellulose; genes; nucleotide sequences; vinegars
- ... Gluconacetobacter xylinus is involved in the industrial production of cellulose. We have determined the genome sequence of G. xylinus NBRC 3288, a cellulose-nonproducing strain. Comparative analysis of genomes of G. xylinus NBRC 3288 with those of the cellulose-producing strains clarified the genes important for cellulose production in GLUCONACETOBACTER. ...
- PubMed Central: