Jump to Main Content
- Ogwang, Tomson, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of wine economics 2014 v.9 no.1 pp. 51-61
- coasts; empirical research; market share; wine industry; wines; California
- ... In this paper, we use three different goodness-of-fit tests for log-normality in conjunction with kernel nonparametric density estimation methods to examine both the size distribution of California North Coast wineries over time and by age. Our kernel density estimates indicate that the size distribution of wineries has changed from positively skewed to bimodal. These results are inconsistent with ...
- Ogwang, Tomson, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Canadian journal of agricultural economics 2011 v.59 no.3 pp. 361-381
- environmental factors; models; prices; red wines; viticulture; Ontario
- ... Our study is the first to examine the pricing of wines produced in the Province of Ontario, Canada. Using a sample of 337 Ontario dry red wines, we construct both parametric and semiparametric hedonic pricing models. We find that our semiparametric model yields a superior fit to its parametric counterpart. We also estimate separate hedonic price functions for higher and lower priced wines which in ...