Jump to Main Content
- Oh, H.W., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bulletin of entomological research 2011 v.101 no.4 pp. 429-434
- barcoding; scale insects; DNA barcoding; Pseudococcidae; Diaspididae
- ... Although DNA barcode coverage has grown rapidly for many insect orders, there are some groups, such as scale insects, where sequence recovery has been difficult. However, using a recently developed primer set, we recovered barcode records from 373 specimens, providing coverage for 75 species from 31 genera in two families. Overall success was >90% for mealybugs and >80% for armored scale species. ...
- Oh, H.W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Archives of insect biochemistry and physiology 1997 v.35 no.3 pp. 335-345
- lysozyme; messenger RNA; Hyphantria cunea; complementary DNA; structural genes; phylogeny; amino acid sequences; gene expression; nucleotide sequences; immune response; enzyme activity; Escherichia coli
- ... A protein with lytic activity against Micrococcus luteus was purified from the hemolymph of the fall webworm, Hyphantria cunea, larvae challenged with live E. coli. A bacteriolytic protein of about 14,000 daltons in mass was purified by cation exchange chromatography and reverse-phased HPLC. The optimum pH and optimum temperature range for activity were around pH 6.2 and 50 degrees C, respectively ...