Jump to Main Content
- Oliveira, A.V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Aquaculture 2006 v.260 no.1-4 pp. 298-306
- semen extenders; semen; endangered species; frozen storage; fish eggs; Characiformes; sperm motility; cryoprotectants; fertilization (reproduction); hatching; Brazil
- ... The aim of this study was to develop a protocol for semen storage of piracanjuba (Brycon orbignyanus) by both cool storage at 4 °C and cryopreservation at -196 °C. Semen was diluted in some fish semen extenders (Exp. 1) or in extenders combined with the antibiotic gentamycin sulfate (Exp. 2) and stored at 4 °C. Sperm motility was estimated every 24 h. Then, the effects of egg yolk (0 and 5%), cryo ...
- Oliveira, A.V. de Jr., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of sport nutrition & exercise metabolism 2004 v.14 no.3 pp. 358-372
- antioxidant activity; antioxidants; athletes; blood sampling; body composition; copper; enzyme activity; erythrocytes; exercise; ferroxidase; food intake; hemoglobin; metabolism; metallothionein; sports nutrition; superoxide dismutase; zinc
- ... The purpose of this study was to compare zinc and copper biochemical indices of antioxidant status and their relationship in elite athletes of different modalities: aerobic with high-impact (triathletes, n = 10 and long-distance runners, n = 12), anaerobic with high-impact (short-distance runners, n = 9), and anaerobic with low-impact (short-distance swimmers, n = 13). The influence of recent diet ...