Jump to Main Content
- de Oliveira, F. C. R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Helminthologia 2018 v.55 no.3 pp. 240-246
- Chrysocyon brachyurus; Dicrocoeliidae; bile ducts; cerrado; fibrosis; host specificity; hosts; hyperplasia; indigenous species; liver; mammals; necropsy; parasites; parasitism
- ... Chrysocyon brachyurus, the largest South American canid, is a native species of the Brazilian cerrado. The present study is aimed to report the occurrence of the trematode, Athesmia foxi, in the liver of a new host, C. brachyurus, and to describe its morphology and pathology. One C. brachyurus individual was necropsied and examined for the presence of parasites. Worms were collected from the bile ...
- de Oliveira, F. C. R., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The Journal of parasitology 2014 v.100 no.6 pp. 860-863
- Habronematidae; Rhea americana; adults; animal parasitic nematodes; breeding; death; gastrointestinal system; necrosis; nematode infections; parasite load; parasitism; rheas
- ... There are few studies concerning the parasites of rheas. However, parasitism is the major cause of the limited success in captive breeding of these birds. Deletrocephalus dimidiatus, Deletrocephalus cesarpintoi, Paradeletrocephalus minor, and Sicarius uncinipenis are the most prevalent nematode species affecting these birds, but the lesions caused by these parasites have not been previously report ...
- Oliveira, F. C. R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Journal of parasitology 2011 v.97 no.1 pp. 146
- Cryptosporidium; cattle; cryptosporidiosis; feces; genes; genotype; humans; nucleotide sequences; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; risk; swine; swine diseases; zoonoses; Brazil
- ... Pigs may represent a source of Cryptosporidium sp. infection to humans. The objective of this study was to identify the Cryptosporidium species present in pigs from the State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and verify what risks pigs represent in the transmission of human cryptosporidiosis, because there is no such information to date in Brazil. Ninety-one samples of pig feces were collected from 10 pi ...