Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: olson?
- Olsson, Tina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- BMC Plant biology 2011 v.11
- Physcomitrella patens; chloroplasts; concerted evolution; cytosol; fructose; genes; glucose; hexokinase; mitochondrial membrane; mosses and liverworts; phosphorylation; proteins; vascular plants; yeasts
- ... Background Hexokinase catalyzes the phosphorylation of glucose and fructose, but it is also involved in sugar sensing in both fungi and plants. We have previously described two types of hexokinases in the moss Physcomitrella. Type A, exemplified by PpHxk1, the major hexokinase in Physcomitrella, is a soluble protein that localizes to the chloroplast stroma. Type B, exemplified by PpHxk2, has an N- ...
- PubMed Central:
- Olsson, Tina, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 2007 v.64 no.5 pp. 559-573
- Physcomitrella patens; animals; energy; eukaryotic cells; gametophores; genes; green fluorescent protein; knockout mutants; light intensity; mosses and liverworts; plant development; protein kinases; two hybrid system techniques; vascular plants; yeasts
- ... The yeast Snf1, animal AMPK, and plant SnRK1 protein kinases constitute a family of related proteins that have been proposed to serve as metabolic sensors of the eukaryotic cell. We have previously reported the characterization of two redundant SnRK1 encoding genes (PpSNF1a and PpSNF1b) in the moss Physcomitrella patens. Phenotypic analysis of the snf1a snf1b double knockout mutant suggested that ...