Jump to Main Content
- Omoto, Ana Carolina Mieko, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Gene 2018 v.676 pp. 9-15
- cardiomyocytes; gene expression regulation; genetic markers; heart failure; humans; hypertrophy; inflammation; mice; microRNA; phenotype; protein content; rats
- ... Several studies have demonstrated dysregulated cardiac microRNAs (miRNAs) following cardiac stress and development of cardiac hypertrophy and failure. miRNAs are also differentially expressed in the inflammation that occurs in heart failure and, among these inflammatory-related miRNAs, the miR-155 has been implicated in the regulation of cardiac hypertrophy. Despite these data showing the role of ...
- Omoto, Ana Carolina Mieko, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2015 v.144 pp. 124-128
- antidepressants; cardiac output; echocardiography; excretion; heart; heart failure; heart valve diseases; hypertrophy; males; patients; photosynthetically active radiation; prognosis; rats; serotonin; sodium chloride; surgery
- ... Depression is a predictor of poor prognosis in patients with heart failure. Selective serotonin (5-HT) reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) may improve these outcomes. Left ventricular volume overload induced hypertrophy that is associated with aortic regurgitation (AR) leads to ventricular dysfunction and heart failure. The aim of this study was to verify the effects of the SSRI paroxetine on cardiac func ...