Jump to Main Content
- Onthank, Kirt L., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Marine biology 2011 v.158 no.12 pp. 2795-2804
- Hemigrapsus; Octopodidae; clams; crabs; digestibility; energy content; energy intake; lipids; models; Washington
- ... This study explores the relationship between energy budgeting and prey choice of Octopus rubescens. Seventeen male Octopus rubescens were collected between June 2006 and August 2007 from Admiralty Bay, Washington. Prey choices made by individuals in the laboratory deviated widely from those expected from a simple optimal foraging model. O. rubescens chose the crab Hemigrapsus nudus over the clam N ...
- Onthank, Kirt L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of experimental marine biology and ecology 2013 v.448 pp. 149-155
- Markov chain; dissolved oxygen; heat; heat tolerance; models; temperature profiles
- ... Here we investigate behavioral responses to fine-scale spatial and temporal temperature gradients in a heat tolerant hydrothermal vent worm (Paralvinella sulfincola). While this species has been a model organism for understanding physiological adaptations to extreme environments, lacking are corroborative in situ experiments and characterization of temperature-related behaviors representing the lo ...