Jump to Main Content
- Orosz, Kristina S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Langmuir 2019 v.35 no.38 pp. 12483-12491
- atomic force microscopy; fluorescence recovery after photobleaching; lipid bilayers; membrane fluidity; peptides; phospholipids; polymerization; proteins
- ... Polymerization of synthetic phospholipid monomers has been widely used to enhance the stability of lipid membranes in applications such as membrane-based biosensing, where the inherent instability of fluid-phase lipid bilayers can be problematic. However, lipid polymerization typically decreases membrane fluidity, which may be required to maintain the activity of reconstituted integral proteins an ...
- Orosz, Kristina
S., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Langmuir 2016 v.32 no.6 pp. 1577-1584
- diffusivity; fluorescence recovery after photobleaching; glass; lipid bilayers; membrane fluidity; peptides; phosphatidylcholines; polymerization; transmembrane proteins
- ... Polymerization of substrate-supported bilayers composed of dienoylphosphatidylcholine (PC) lipids is known to greatly enhance their chemical and mechanical stability; however, the effects of polymerization on membrane fluidity have not been investigated. Here planar supported lipid bilayers (PSLBs) composed of dienoyl PCs on glass substrates were examined to assess the degree to which UV-initiated ...
- PubMed Central: