Jump to Main Content
- Orrego, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology reports 2018 v.3 pp. 200-204
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; calcium alginate; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; ethanol production; immobilized cells; liquids; mass transfer; mucilages; nutrients; sugars
- ... Soluble sugars in coffee mucilage were directly fermented into ethanol using immobilized Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells in calcium alginate beads. Several tests were performed via alginate-entrapped cells in different bead sizes (3 or 7 mm) combined to alginate concentrations (2–4%). The highest yield of 0.33 g ethanol/g sugar was achieved at 18 h using alginate-entrapped cells in 3 mm diameter an ...
- Orrego, David, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.245 pp. 511-517
- Aspergillus niger; Trichoderma reesei; cellulose; corn; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; enzyme activity; ethanol; hydrolysis; pericarp; phenols; polygalacturonase
- ... We report enzyme hydrolysis of cellulose in unpretreated pericarp at a cellulase loading of 0.25FPU/g pericarp solids using a phenol tolerant Aspergillus niger pectinase preparation. The overall protein added was 5mg/g and gave 98% cellulose conversion in 72h. However, for double the amount of enzyme from Trichoderma reesei, which is significantly less tolerant to phenols, conversion was only 16%. ...