Jump to Main Content
- Orudgev, E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant physiology 2001 v.126 no.3 pp. 1001-1011
- sulfur dioxide; sulfur; glutathione; lyases; mineral metabolism; transgenic plants; Nicotiana tabacum; oxidation; abiotic stress; chemical constituents of plants; amino acid metabolism; cysteine; leaves
- ... O-Acetylserine(thiol) lyase (OASTL), a key enzyme of plant sulfur metabolism, catalyzes the formation of Cys from sulfide and O-acetylserine. The biosynthesis of Cys is regarded as the exclusive function of sulfur reduction in plants, and a key limiting step in the production of glutathione (GSH), a thiol implicated in various cellular functions, including sulfur transport, gene expression, scaven ...
- Orudgev, E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1994 v.91 no.22 pp. 10556-10560
- gene transfer; Tobacco mosaic virus; biosynthesis; structural genes; Oryza sativa; transgenic plants; guanosine triphosphate; defense mechanisms; zeatin; proteinases; binding proteins; gene expression; Nicotiana tabacum; salicylic acid; disease resistance; abiotic stress; pathogenesis-related proteins
- ... Tobacco plants transformed with rgp1, a gene encoding a Ras-related small GTP binding protein, were previously shown to exhibit a distinct reduction in apical dominance with increased tillering. These abnormal phenotypes were later found to be associated with elevated levels of endogenous cytokinins (zeatin and zeatin riboside). Analysis of the expression of several genes known to be affected by c ...
- PubMed Central: