Jump to Main Content
- Ouyang, Yongjian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Childhood obesity 2015 v.11 no.4 pp. 355-363
- Hispanics; body mass index; childhood obesity; children; gender; parents; regression analysis; waist circumference; weight control; weight gain; United States
- ... Background: US Hispanic children experience a disproportionate burden of overweight and obesity. Comprehensive high-intensity behavioral programs have demonstrated effectiveness in improving weight status among obese children. However, there remains a need to develop more efficient interventions that are feasible in primary care and demonstrate effectiveness in Hispanic children.Methods: The pilot ...
- Ouyang, Yongjian, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2012 v.426 no.3 pp. 363-368
- additive effect; animal models; cell culture; cell growth; cell viability; children; humans; mice; neoplasm cells; phosphotransferases (kinases); sarcoma; young adults
- ... Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (aRMS) is a very aggressive sarcoma of children and young adults. Our previous studies have shown that small molecule inhibition of Pdgfra is initially very effective in an aRMS mouse model. However, slowly evolving, acquired resistance to a narrow-spectrum kinase inhibitor (imatinib) was common. We identified Src family kinases (SFKs) to be potentiators of Pdgfra in muri ...
- PubMed Central: