Jump to Main Content
- Owen, Matthew J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.41 pp. 23780-23789
- differential equation; energy transfer; fluorescence; ions; models; nanocrystals; nanoparticles; physical chemistry
- ... Accurate determination of upconversion and luminescence lifetimes requires kinetic modeling of the complete time-resolved response for upconversion luminescence of NaYF₄:Yb,Er nanocrystals. Prior investigations typically perform exponential fitting of the tail in the time profile or employ complex systems of differential equations to extract lifetimes. To simplify analysis while fitting the entire ...
- Owen, Matthew J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Global and Planetary Change 2014 v.123 pp. 323-343
- basins; climate; geophysics; glaciation; landslides; mass transfer; paleoecology; sediments; tectonics; Antarctic region; South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
- ... Endurance Basin is an elongate broadly WNW–ESE trending basin located on the northern margin of the Scotia Sea, adjacent to the southern margin of the South Georgia micro-continent. Bathymetric and TOPAS sub-bottom profile data acquired in 2010 by the British research ship RRS James Clark Ross map this basin and its sedimentology for the first time. Endurance Basin contains a number of sub-basins ...