Jump to Main Content
- Oyanedel, Eduardo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2018 v.237 pp. 269-276
- almonds; alternate bearing; flowering; fruit trees; fruiting spurs; fruits; leaf area; overwintering; source-sink relationships; starch; structural equation modeling; winter
- ... Nonpareil almonds trees have compact shoots, known as spurs. Spurs are the main bearing structure of many fruit trees. However, in almonds, spurs show alternate bearing and low winter survival if fruit load is high or if leaf area is low at the spur level. To better understand the source sink relationships that govern the effects of fruit load on spur survival and return bloom, a total of 1920 spu ...
- Oyanedel, Eduardo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2017 v.220 pp. 303-309
- Juglans regia; canopy; fruits; leaf area; leaves; linear models; orchards; regression analysis; shoots; trees; walnuts; Chile
- ... In mature walnut trees, mono-cyclic shoots are the main bearing structure and are thus fundamental for tree productivity. In this line, a study was carried out in three commercial “Chandler” walnut orchards, located in the central valley of Chile. In each orchard, eight mature trees were selected and eighteen mono-cyclic shoots were marked according to three fruit load categories (shoots bearing o ...