Jump to Main Content
- Pérez Nebreda, Andrea, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2019 v.94 no.2 pp. 418-425
- catalysts; catalytic activity; fructose; industry; inulin; ion exchange; mass transfer; mechanistic models; reaction kinetics
- ... BACKGROUND: Inulin is a valuable source of high purity fructose. The conversion of inulin to fructose utilizing an advanced sulfonic ion‐exchange resin was previously investigated in detail in a batch reactor study, where a detailed mechanistic model for the reaction kinetics was demonstrated (J Chem Technol Biotechnol 2018;93:224–232). The same catalyst was employed in tailor‐made continuous fixe ...
- Pérez Nebreda, Andrea, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.1 pp. 224-232
- catalysts; catalytic activity; chicory; corrosion; fructose; hydrochloric acid; hydrolysis; inulin; mathematical models; pH; process design; reaction kinetics; reaction mechanisms
- ... BACKGROUND: Inulin can be extracted from the non‐edible chicory root and high purity fructose can be obtained from hydrolysis of inulin and used as a valuable platform molecule for further valorization. Heterogeneous catalysts are sought as alternatives to mineral acids because of costly separation and severe corrosion problems. In this work, hydrolysis of inulin was performed in a batch reactor w ...