Jump to Main Content
- Pérez-Cabrera, Laura Eugenia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Postharvest biology and technology 2019 v.147 pp. 174-184
- ascorbic acid; cell respiration; chitosan; claws; coatings; color; edible films; fresh-cut produce; fructose; glucose; malic acid; melons; nanocomposites; oxygen; pH; shelf life; storage time; sucrose; total soluble solids
- ... The effect of incorporating Ag-chitosan nanocomposites into chitosan coatings on the quality of fresh-cut melon over 13 d at 5 °C has been studied. The respiration rate of fresh-cut melon was reduced after coating treatments. Particularly, the coating with red claw crayfish-extracted chitosan (including red claw crayfish-extracted Ag-chitosan nanocomposites) showed lower RR increments during stora ...
- Pérez-Cabrera, Laura Eugenia, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 601-608
- Ustilago zeae; adhesion; cohesion; color; corn; flour; industrialization; masa; nixtamalization; viscosity; water uptake
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the effect of the addition of huitlacoche paste to nixtamalized blue-corn flours (NBCF) on the physicochemical, thermal, and rheological properties of masas. Raw blue maize was nixtamalized (hydrothermal alkalinized process), then was wet-milled in a stone mill, masa was dehydrated, pulverized and sieved to obtain NBCF; commercial nixtamalized blue-corn flour ( ...