Jump to Main Content
- Perez Martín, Laura, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2019 v.42 no.8 pp. 2384-2398
- Arabidopsis thaliana; calcium; carbonates; climate; extrusion; habitats; iron; nutrient deficiencies; phenolic compounds; protons; soil
- ... High soil carbonate limits crop performance especially in semiarid or arid climates. To understand how plants adapt to such soils, we explored natural variation in tolerance to soil carbonate in small local populations (demes) of Arabidopsis thaliana growing on soils differing in carbonate content. Reciprocal field‐based transplants on soils with elevated carbonate (+C) and without carbonate (−C) ...
- Pérez-Martín, Laura, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2017 v.115 pp. 390-399
- H-transporting ATP synthase; Sesuvium portulacastrum; betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase; bladder; cadmium; cadmium chloride; cytoplasm; fluorescence; gene expression regulation; genes; halophytes; hydroponics; leaves; microscopy; osmotic stress; phytoremediation; plasma membrane; protoplasts; saline soils; salinity; salt tolerance; secretion; sodium; sodium chloride; toxicity
- ... It is well known that salinity reduces cadmium toxicity in halophytes. However, the possible interference of Cd with the mechanisms of salt tolerance is poorly explored. The aim of this study was to see whether Cd affects salt tolerance mechanisms in the halophyte Sesuvium portulacastrum. S. portulacastrum plants obtained from cuttings were grown in hydroponics for 3 weeks and then exposed to low ...