Jump to Main Content
- Pérez-Segarra, C.D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2015 v.142 pp. 337-351
- exergy; fluid mechanics; heat transfer; prototypes; solar energy; temperature
- ... Thermocline storage concept has been considered for more than a decade as a possible solution to reduce the huge cost of the storage system in concentrated solar power (CSP) plants. However, one of the drawbacks of this concept is the decrease in its performance throughout the time. The objective of this paper is to present a new thermocline-like storage concept, which aims at circumventing this i ...
- Pérez-Segarra, C.D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2013 v.109 pp. 402-414
- energy; insulating materials; mathematical models; power plants; solar energy; storage technology; tanks
- ... Two-tank molten salt storages are the most widespread thermal energy storage technology within concentrated solar power plants. In spite of this, there are design aspects such as thermal losses control, optimisation of the storage or how these devices scale up with the increase in power capacity of the plant which still should be considered. In this sense, numerical modelling of these systems can ...