Jump to Main Content
- Paglarini, Camila de Souza, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.99 pp. 453-459
- backfat; carrageenan; dispersions; emulsions; fat replacers; gels; hardness; heat; hot dogs; inulin; lipids; pork; soy protein isolate; soybean oil
- ... Emulsion gels (EG) prepared with soybean oil, sonicated and non-sonicated soy protein isolate dispersions, carrageenan, and inulin were used as animal fat replacers in frankfurters. The effect of total replacement of pork back fat with EG on frankfurters nutritional, technological, rheological, and sensorial properties was evaluated. A formulation with simple pork back fat reduction was prepared ( ...
- Paglarini, Camila de Souza, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2018 v.222 pp. 29-37
- backfat; carrageenan; color; emulsions; fat replacers; fatty acids; gels; inulin; meat emulsions; pH; pectins; pork; rheological properties; sodium caseinate; sodium tripolyphosphate; soy protein isolate; soybean oil; water holding capacity
- ... This study aimed to develop soybean-oil based functional emulsion gels (EG) to be used as animal fat replacer in meat products. A Plackett-Burman 12 was applied to 7 independent variables for the elaboration of EG (soy protein isolate (SPI), sodium caseinate, carrageenan (CAR), inulin (INUL), pectin, sodium tripolyphosphate, and soy lecithin). Then, three selected factors, SPI, CAR, and INUL were ...