Jump to Main Content
- Parent, C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant disease 2016 v.100 no.6 pp. 1192-1201
- Fusarium head blight; Triticum aestivum; climatic factors; crop damage; crop production; deoxynivalenol; disease incidence; disease outbreaks; farmers; financial economics; fungi; fungicides; models; prediction; probability; risk assessment; spring wheat; winter; winter wheat; Argentina; Italy; Quebec; United States
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) is a fungal disease of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) causing frequent economic losses to farmers under growing conditions of Eastern Canada. To assess risks associated with this disease and guide fungicide use decisions, many researchers from numerous countries have developed weather-based forecasting models. This work aims at evaluating which model produces the most accu ...
- Parent, C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Oecologia 2000 v.125 no.2 pp. 170-178
- Sistrurus catenatus; adults; conservation areas; gravid females; habitats; humans; life history; litter size; males; parks; radio telemetry; recreation; snakes; wildlife; Ontario
- ... Parks and nature reserves protect important natural habitats but also provide public opportunities for outdoor recreational activities that may have unintended negative effects on wildlife. We examined the response of eastern massasauga rattlesnakes (Sistrurus catenatus catenatus) to inadvertent disturbance by humans in Killbear Provincial Park, Ontario, Canada. Radio telemetry of 25 adult snakes ...
- Parent, C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Forestry chronicle 2008 v.84 no.1 pp. 95-104
- flowering; height; pollen; phenology; clones; forest trees; seed crop production; forest nurseries; tree crown; air temperature; forest plantations; pollination; tree growth; protected cultivation; Larix decidua; Larix kaempferi; seed orchards; genetic variation; Quebec
- ... Hybrid larch ([Larix x marschlinsii Coaz], HL) is sought after by the forest industry because of its growth characteristics, excellent wood quality and disease resistance. However, the difficulty in obtaining HL seeds limits the production of seedlings for reforestation. Both European larch (Larix decidua Mill.) and Japanese larch (Larix kaempferi [Lamb.] Carrière) produce few seeds and the time l ...