Jump to Main Content
- Park, Hyeon-Jin, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology 2016 v.5 pp. 193-198
- absorption; air; air drying; freeze drying; kimchi; physicochemical properties; sensory evaluation; temperature; water content
- ... Kimchi powder was manufactured by hot air drying at different temperature of 55°C, 60°C and 65°C, and freeze drying until it reached about 10% moisture content. The water absorption index (WAI) and water soluble index (WSI) of freeze dried powder was higher than those hot air dried kimchi powder. Moreover, L*, a* and b* values of hot air dried kimchi powder were lower than those of freeze dried ki ...
- Park, Hyeon‐Jin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2013 v.93 no.13 pp. 3198-3204
- temperature; foods; anaerobic conditions; hemicellulose; sampling; sugars; torrefaction; renewable resources; cellulose; ethanol production; rice straw; benzoic acid; waste management; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; saccharification
- ... BACKGROUND: Rice straw is an attractive lignocellulosic material for ethanol production, since it is one of the most abundant renewable resources. It generally has high cellulose and hemicellulose contents that can be readily hydrolysed into sugars for subsequent ethanol fermentation. The pretreatment method plays an important role in increasing the efficiency of enzymatic saccharification, thereb ...
- Park, Hyeon Jin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2011 v.164 no.3 pp. 294-304
- Paenibacillus polymyxa; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; amino acids; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; fluorescence microscopy; genes; kraft pulp; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; pulp and paper industry; sodium dodecyl sulfate; xylanases
- ... Cellulase-free xylanase has potential for its application in the selective removal of hemicellulose from kraft pulp to give good strength to paper. In this study, a gene (xyn) encoding cellulase activity–free xylanase enzyme (Xyn) was isolated from Paenibacillus polymyxa PPL-3. The xyn gene encoded a protein of 221 amino acids, and the purified Xyn was about 22.5 kDa measured by sodium dodecyl sul ...