Jump to Main Content
- Park, Yongman, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.2 pp. 101-109
- cell membranes; cerium; coordination compounds; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; free radicals; fuel cells; hydroxyl radicals; ions; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; physical properties; polymers; small-angle X-ray scattering; water uptake
- ... In operation of polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell or direct methanol fuel cell, ·OH radicals are the major cause for the degradation of polymer electrolyte membrane. In order to enhance its antioxidation stability, cerium ion (Ce³⁺, CE), an ·OH radical quencher, is introduced to membrane, as it converts the ·OH radicals into inactive chemicals. In this study, aminoethyl‐15‐crown‐5 (CRE) is gr ...
- Park, Yongman, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of membrane science 2018 v.566 pp. 1-7
- fuel cells; hydroxyl radicals; thermogravimetry; cerium; asymmetric membranes; leaching; water flow; oxidative stability; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; sulfonic acids
- ... In this contribution, the effect of a novel organic ·OH scavenger, 3,4-dihydroxy-cinnamic acid (CA), is investigated on the anti-oxidation of Nafion membranes, as the endurance of fuel cell performance is recently a critical issue in the development of proton exchange membrane. As this organic scavenger is possibly kept in the membrane without migration by water flow and does not diminish proton c ...