Jump to Main Content
- Parker, Denham, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Fisheries research 2020 v.222 pp. 105355
- Argyrosomus inodorus; Bayesian theory; biomass; case studies; computer software; fisheries; fisheries management; life history; models; production functions; spawning; uncertainty
- ... Age-structured production models (ASPMs) are often preferred over biomass aggregated surplus production models (SPMs) as the former can track the propagation of cohorts and explicitly account for the effects of selective fishing, even in the absence of reliable size- or age data. Here, we introduce ‘JABBA-Select’, an extension of the JABBA software (Just Another Bayesian Biomass Assessment; Winker ...
- Parker, Denham, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.333 pp. 1-10
- fish; models; monitoring; national parks; population dynamics; population size; sport fishing; South Africa
- ... A simulation testing framework was developed to evaluate the efficacy of detecting population trends of two sampling methods used to monitor inshore fish populations: angling and baited remote underwater stereo-video systems (stereo-BRUVs). The study is based on data collected as part of a long-term monitoring program in the Tsitsikamma National Park marine protected area, South Africa. As a test ...