Jump to Main Content
- Parolini, Marina, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food & function 2017 v.8 no.11 pp. 4108-4117
- blood pressure; blueberries; cigarettes; foods; heart rate; hyperemia; males; sugars
- ... Several studies have documented the important role of polyphenol-rich foods in the modulation of vascular remodelling and function. This study aimed to evaluate the capacity of a single portion of blueberry (V. corymbosum) to acutely improve peripheral arterial dysfunction in a group of young volunteers. Twenty-four healthy males (12 non-smokers and 12 smokers) were recruited for two different ran ...
- Parolini, Marina, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Nutrition 2017 v.38 pp. 41-47
- antioxidant activity; biomarkers; blood sampling; chronic diseases; cross-over studies; glutathione; hyperemia; lipid composition; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; men; metabolism; oxidative stress; patients; placebos; risk factors
- ... Supplementation of glutathione (GSH) may be a positive strategy to improve the endogenous antioxidant defense required to counteract many acute and chronic diseases. However, the efficacy of GSH treatment seems to be closely related to type of administration, degree of absorption, and increase of its concentrations. The aim of this study was to test a new sublingual formulation of L-GSH, which ent ...