Jump to Main Content
- Patocchi, Nicola, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 208
- Aedes albopictus; Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis; breeding sites; control methods; diflubenzuron; disease transmission; invasive species; monitoring; ovitraps; permethrin; risk; Alps region; Italy; Switzerland
- ... BACKGROUND: In Ticino, a canton located south of the Alps in Switzerland, a surveillance programme on Aedes albopictus (Stegomyia albopicta) started in 2000 seeing that the region was considered at high risk of introduction based on the rapid spread of this mosquito in neighbouring Italy. METHODS: The surveillance programme, which is still ongoing, was adapted continuously to handle preventive mea ...
- PubMed Central:
- Patocchi, Nicola, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.11 pp. 3663-3668
- Aedes vexans; Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis; confidence interval; floods; genes; mosquito control; polymerase chain reaction; quantitative analysis; soil sampling; spores; wetland soils; wetlands; Switzerland
- ... Recurrent treatments with Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis are required to control the floodwater mosquito Aedes vexans that breeds in large numbers in the wetlands of the Bolle di Magadino Reserve in Canton Ticino, Switzerland. Interventions have been carried out since 1988. In the present study, the spatial distribution of resting B. thuringiensis subsp. israelensis spores in the soil w ...