Jump to Main Content
- Patterson, Andrea, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Water research 2019 v.151 pp. 403-412
- carbonates; colorimetry; dissolved organic matter; drinking water treatment; filters; ionic strength; manganese dioxide; monitoring; oxidation; pH; phenol; thermoplastics
- ... Permanganate has been used traditionally in drinking water treatment for its oxidation properties and ease of use. The concentration of permanganate in treatment conditions is low and difficult to detect. A colorimetric method using diethylphenylene diamine (DPD) oxidation to measure low levels (i.e., less than 6 μM) of permanganate in water was developed and applied to quantify permanganate scave ...
- Patterson, Andrea M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Organic letters 2013 v.15 no.17 pp. 4362-4365
- alkenes; alkynes; catalytic activity; chemical reactions; moieties; organoiodine compounds; palladium
- ... A new route to trisubstituted olefins through a palladium-catalyzed alkyne insertion/reduction reaction with unactivated alkyl iodides is reported. The reaction proceeds under mild conditions and tolerates a range of functional groups and substitution patterns. Preliminary mechanistic inquiry suggests that the transformation may proceed through a hybrid radical/organometallic pathway. ...
- Patterson, Andrea J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2007 v.9 no.3 pp. 703-715
- DNA; bacteria; erythromycin; feces; fluorescence; genes; herds; hybridization; polymerase chain reaction; soil; soil sampling; swine; tetracycline; Norway
- ... A macroarray system was developed to screen environmental samples for the presence of specific tetracycline (TcR) and erythromycin (ermR) resistance genes. The macroarray was loaded with polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplicons of 23 TcR genes and 10 ermR genes. Total bacterial genomic DNA was extracted from soil and animal faecal samples collected from different European countries. Macroarray hy ...