Jump to Main Content
- Patwardhan, Rupali P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Cell 2015 v.163 pp. 698-711
- alternative splicing; exons; humans; models; mutation
- ... Most human transcripts are alternatively spliced, and many disease-causing mutations affect RNA splicing. Toward better modeling the sequence determinants of alternative splicing, we measured the splicing patterns of over two million (M) synthetic mini-genes, which include degenerate subsequences totaling over 100 M bases of variation. The massive size of these training data allowed us to improve ...
- Patwardhan, Rupali P., et al. Show all 69 Authors
- Science 2011 v.331 no.6017 pp. 555-561
- Daphnia pulex; biochemical pathways; environmental factors; gene duplication; gene expression; loci; multigene family; proteome
- ... We describe the draft genome of the microcrustacean Daphnia pulex, which is only 200 megabases and contains at least 30,907 genes. The high gene count is a consequence of an elevated rate of gene duplication resulting in tandem gene clusters. More than a third of Daphnia's genes have no detectable homologs in any other available proteome, and the most amplified gene families are specific to the Da ...
- PubMed Central: