Jump to Main Content
- Paul, Subham, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Tetrahedron letters 2019
- acids; biopolymers; boronic acids; catalytic activity; cellulose; chemical structure; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxylation; organocatalysts; oxidants; phenols
- ... Cellulose catalyzed oxidative hydroxylation of aryl and hetero-arylboronic acids to the corresponding phenols under metal and base free strategy has been demonstrated. The sustainable ipso-hydroxylation takes place using hydrogen peroxide as an oxidant in water under mild condition in shorter period of time. Interestingly, easy recovery and reusability of heterogeneous catalyst without significant ...
- Paul, Subham, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental chemistry letters 2018 v.16 no.3 pp. 1025-1031
- absorption; amines; bicarbonates; biopolymers; carbon dioxide; chitosan; ethanolamine; isopropyl alcohol; monochloroacetic acid; sodium hydroxide
- ... CO₂ absorption by liquid-containing amines to form carbamate and bicarbonates is an effective method of CO₂ mitigation from industrial exhausts, but this process is expensive and requires large quantities of amines. Here we modified chitosan, a naturally occurring biopolymer containing NH₂ functions, to use it for CO₂ absorption in aqueous media. Chitosan was dispersed in 40% aqueous NaOH solution ...