Jump to Main Content
- Pechar, R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Archives of microbiology 2018 v.200 no.10 pp. 1427-1437
- Enterococcus; Lactobacillus; Streptococcus; chaperonins; essential genes; genetic markers; multilocus sequence typing; nucleic acid hybridization; phenylalanine-tRNA ligase; phylogeny; prokaryotic cells; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; statistical analysis; taxonomy
- ... Detailed differentiation, classification, and phylogenetic analysis of the order Lactobacillales are performed using molecular techniques that involve the comparison of whole genomes, multilocus sequence analysis, DNA–DNA hybridisation, and 16S rRNA sequencing. Despite the wide application of the latter two techniques, issues associated with them are extensively discussed. Although complete genomi ...
- Pechar, R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2016 v.62 no.4 pp. 330-335
- 8-hydroxyquinoline; Bifidobacterium; Clostridium; agar; feces; humans; selective media
- ... The need for suitable selective cultivation media for the isolation of Bifidobacterium spp. continues to be a real concern in the field of intestinal microbiology. Isolation of bifidobacteria from human and animal faecal samples using selective agar plating may be problematic especially in samples with increased clostridial counts than bifidobacterial counts. Due to the absence of anticlostridial ...