Jump to Main Content
- Pei, Huanxin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Energy 2019 v.166 pp. 929-938
- algorithms; decision making; dynamic programming; energy; fuels; vehicles (equipment)
- ... Fuel economy of hybrid vehicles is affected by their powertrain configurations, powertrain parameters, and energy management strategies. It is most beneficial to optimizing all the three factors simultaneously. However, when the design search space is large, an exhaustive, optimal control strategy, such as dynamic programming (DP), is too computationally expensive. Hence, a faster optimization met ...
- Pei, Huanxin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2016 v.168 pp. 683-690
- algorithms; dynamic programming; electric vehicles; energy use and consumption; fuels
- ... Due to limited flexibility of engine operation, it is uneasy to improve the fuel economy of parallel hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) with a single electric machine (SEM) from control perspective only. However, from design perspective, it is likely to devise multiple operating modes on a powertrain system to achieve better fuel economy. Therefore, in this paper, a velocity coupling HEV system with ...