Jump to Main Content
- Peiris Kamaranga H. S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 2017 v.94 no.4 pp. 677-682
- Fusarium head blight; breeding lines; cultivars; deoxynivalenol; glass; laboratory techniques; prediction; screening; spectrometers; spectroscopy; water content; wheat
- ... Deoxynivalenol (DON) levels in harvested grain samples are used to evaluate the Fusarium head blight (FHB) resistance of wheat cultivars and breeding lines. Fourier transform near-infrared (FT-NIR) calibrations were developed to estimate the DON level and moisture content (MC) of bulk wheat grain samples harvested from FHB screening trials. Grains in a rotating glass petri dish were scanned in the ...
- Peiris Kamaranga H. S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Cereal chemistry 2016 v.93 no.6 pp. 631-637
- Fusarium; Fusarium head blight; absorption; breeding lines; deoxynivalenol; grain quality; near-infrared spectroscopy; prediction; screening; seeds; water content; wheat
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) is a serious disease in wheat that affects grain quality owing to the accumulation of mycotoxins such as deoxynivalenol (DON) in grains. Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy has been used to develop techniques to estimate DON levels in single wheat kernels to facilitate rapid, nondestructive screening of FHB resistance in wheat breeding lines. The effect of moisture content ...