Jump to Main Content
- Pelayo, Andres, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2019 v.121 no.4 pp. e1800396
- Fucus vesiculosus; antioxidants; biopolymers; delta-tocopherol; dextran; droplet size; emulsions; encapsulation; ethanol; fish; fish oils; food industry; food matrix; glucose; heat; lipophilicity; macroalgae; mayonnaise; metal ions; omega-3 fatty acids; oxidative stability; plant extracts; rosemary; spray drying; syrups; viscosity
- ... This study investigates the stabilization of fish oil‐loaded electrosprayed capsules with different natural antioxidants: i) an ethanol extract from the brown alga Fucus vesiculosus; or ii) a combination of δ‐tocopherol and rosemary extract. The seaweed extract enhances the oxidative stability of fish oil‐loaded capsules with dextran as the main biopolymer wall material, but shows a prooxidant eff ...
- Pelayo, Andres, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2018 v.231 pp. 42-53
- dextran; electrospraying; emulsifying; encapsulation; fish; fish oils; glucose; homogenization; omega-3 fatty acids; oxidation; oxidative stability; oxygen; permeability; peroxide value; pullulan; storage temperature; storage time; syrups; whey protein
- ... The encapsulation of fish oil in electrosprayed capsules using whey protein and carbohydrates (pullulan and dextran or glucose syrup) mixtures as glassy wall materials was studied. Capsules with fish oil emulsified by using only a rotor-stator emulsification exhibited higher oxidative stability than capsules where the oil was emulsified by high-pressure homogenization. Moreover, glucose syrup caps ...