Jump to Main Content
- Pelegrini, Larissa Sbeghen, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasitology international 2019 v.70 pp. 27-32
- Henneguya; Hoplosternum; basins; body length; fish; genetic variation; gills; intestines; nucleotide sequences; parasites; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; rivers; spores; Brazil
- ... Henneguya guanduensis was originally described as a gill parasite of the Hoplosternum litoralle, a siluriform fish belonging to the Callichthyidae family. A study was undertaken with 58 specimens of H. litoralle taken from Batalha River in the state of São Paulo. The fish were collected and examined searching for lesions and/or myxosporean plasmodia. The prevalence of infection was 9.31% in the gi ...
- Pelegrini, Larissa Sbeghen, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasitology research 2019 v.118 no.7 pp. 2169-2182
- Diplostomum; Tylodelphys; adults; brain; eyes; freshwater fish; metacercariae; parasites; parasitism; phylogeny; rivers; species diversity; taxonomy; Brazil; Mexico
- ... The Diplostomidae include a large group of flatworms with complex life cycles and are frequently found parasitizing the eyes and central nervous system of freshwater fishes. The morphological identification of the metacercariae at species level is not always possible. Thus, molecular tools have become essential to assist in the parasite species determination. This study was aimed at describing two ...