Jump to Main Content
- Pence, N.S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant and soil 2002 v.247 no.1 pp. 109
- plants; aluminum; heavy metals; ion transport; gene expression; organic acids and salts; root exudates; phytotoxicity; Thlaspi; roots; genetic techniques and protocols; species differences
- ... Plants have evolved sophisticated mechanisms to deal with toxic levels of metals in the soil. In this paper, an overview of recent progress with regards to understanding fundamental molecular and physiological mechanisms underlying plant resistance to both aluminum (Al) and heavy metals is presented. The discussion of plant Al resistance will focus on recent advances in our understanding of a mech ...
- Pence, N.S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2000 v.97 no.9 pp. 4956-4960
- messenger RNA; complementary DNA; zinc; shoots; ion transport; cadmium; amino acid sequences; gene expression; genes; nucleotide sequences; Thlaspi arvense; metal ions; roots; plant proteins
- ... An integrated molecular and physiological investigation of the fundamental mechanisms of heavy metal accumulation was conducted in Thlaspi caerulescens, a Zn/Cd-hyperaccumulating plant species. A heavy metal transporter cDNA, ZNT1, was cloned from T. caerulescens through functional complementation in yeast and was shown to mediate high-affinity Zn(2+) uptake as well as low-affinity Cd(2+) uptake. ...
- PubMed Central: