Jump to Main Content
- Peng, Siwei, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2018 v.70 pp. 206-216
- BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene); Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorption; aeration; aldehydes; benzene; biodegradability; biodegradation; biological treatment; coal; dissolved organic matter; esters; ethylbenzene; factor analysis; fluorescence; fractionation; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; membrane bioreactors; moieties; organic acids and salts; oxidation; ozonation; phenols; pollutants; spectral analysis; toluene; toxicity; wastewater; wavelengths; xylene
- ... A large amount of wastewater containing various toxic organic contaminants is produced during coal-to-liquids process. In this study, several spectroscopic methods were used to monitor the transformation of organic pollutants during an integrated chemical oxidation and biological process. The results showed that the hydrophobic acid fraction increased after Fenton oxidation, which was likely due t ...
- Peng, Siwei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2016 v.41 pp. 16-23
- ambient temperature; benzoquinones; chlorides; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; glycerol; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxylamine; ions; iron; mineralization; organic matter; oxidation; saline water; salinity
- ... Fenton oxidation is generally inhibited in the presence of a high concentration of chloride ions. This study investigated the feasibility of using benzoquinone (BQ) and hydroxylamine hydrochloride (HA) as Fenton enhancers for the removal of glycerin from saline water under ambient temperature by accelerating the ferric system. It was found that organics removal was not obviously affected by chlori ...