Jump to Main Content
- Peng, T.L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 2019 v.17 pp. 100310
- Setaria digitata; Thoroughbred; cornea; etiological agents; genes; genetic databases; light microscopes; mares; ointments; opacity; oxytetracycline; parasites; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sequence homology; veterinary clinics; Malaysia
- ... The occurrence of Setaria digitata in a horse is reported for the first time in Malaysia. An 8-year-old Thoroughbred cross mare was referred to the University Veterinary Clinic with the primary complaint of corneal opacity and excessive eye discharge. After initial treatment with Terramycin eye ointment, corneal opacity cleared partially to reveal a moving thread-like cylindrical worm in the anter ...
- Peng, T.L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of natural history 2015 v.49 no.43-44 pp. 2589-2596
- Zygaenidae; adults; eggs; host plants; immatures; insect larvae; metamorphosis; moths; sexual dimorphism; trees
- ... Information on the immature stages of Zyganidae moths is rather limited compared to that on the adults. An encounter with the caterpillars on the Baccaurea motleyana tree enabled a description of the eggs, final-instar caterpillar and characteristic cocoon of the Chalcosiine Day-flying Moth, Cyclosia macularia Guérin-Méneville, accompanied by illustrations. Sexual dimorphism of this species based ...