Jump to Main Content
- Pepin, Paul A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.16 pp. 10477-10486
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; acetaldehyde; condensation reactions; desorption; electrons; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; nanocrystals; oxidation; oxygen; photocatalysis; photocatalysts; platinum; titanium dioxide; transmission electron microscopy
- ... In this study, the impact of supported Pt particles on the thermal and photocatalytic activity of well-defined anatase TiO₂ (A-TiO₂) nanocrystals (NCs) was investigated. Pt-decorated NCs were characterized using scanning transmission electron microscopy, energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. The activity of the Pt-decorated NCs for the thermal and photocatalyt ...
- Pepin, Paul A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2017 v.121 no.21 pp. 11488-11498
- acetaldehyde; acetates; acetic acid; cations; condensation reactions; dehydrogenation; desorption; electrons; formaldehyde; formates; methane; methanol; nanorods; photocatalysis; photooxidation; titanium dioxide
- ... The catalytic and photocatalytic activity of brookite TiO₂ nanorods toward methanol, acetaldehyde, and acetic acid was studied using temperature-programmed desorption (TPD). For thermally activated reactions, the brookite nanorods were found to exhibit catalytic properties similar to those reported previously for the rutile and anatase phases of TiO₂. In particular, methanol adsorbed dissociativel ...