Jump to Main Content
- Peralta, Carlos, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Cellulose 2017 v.24 no.11 pp. 5053-5068
- biocompatible materials; cellulose; cellulosic fibers; insulating materials; texture; wood pulp
- ... Design-driven process entailing iterative prototyping was used to develop foam-formed monomaterial structure made of renewable and recyclable biomaterials suitable e.g. for sound insulation in interior spaces. Interactions between wood-pulp fibres, the perforated mould and the forming process opened opportunities for multi-scale material design, which re-defined the direction of the research. This ...
- Peralta, Carlos, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied energy 2016 v.164 pp. 769-794
- aerodynamics; buildings; cities; energy; geometry; turbulent flow; urban areas; wind; wind power; wind turbines
- ... Urban wind energy exploitation is an important topic for smart sustainable cities. The present investigation is a step in this direction, considering the latest advances in building aerodynamics, identifying and analyzing the optimum building-roof shape for the urban wind energy exploitation. This investigation focusses in two aspects: the isolated building shape optimization and the analysis of t ...