Jump to Main Content
- Pereyra, Rodrigo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2019 v.208 pp. 53-57
- Neospora caninum; antibodies; blood serum; calves; cattle diseases; farms; immune response; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; interferon-gamma; neonates; progeny; seroprevalence; transplacental transmission; vaccine development
- ... Neospora caninum infection of cattle can be vertically transmitted, resulting in abortion or birth of infected calves. Vertical transmission occurs both in acutely or chronically infected cattle. There is little information on the immune response needed to prevent endogenous transplacental transmission, particularly from chronically infected cattle to their offspring in a natural environment. In t ...
- Pereyra, Rodrigo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2019 v.102 no.9 pp. 8376-8384
- T-lymphocytes; antibodies; blood sampling; blood serum; calves; cell-mediated immunity; colostrum; foot-and-mouth disease; immune response; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; interferon-gamma; maternal immunity; neutralization; vaccination; vaccines; viruses
- ... Little is known about the influence of maternal antibodies and immune cells transferred through colostrum on the immune responses of calves to the currently used foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) vaccines. Here we evaluated the humoral and cellular immune responses induced by vaccination of colostrum-deprived calves and calves that received equivalent amounts of colostrum preparations that differed in ...