Jump to Main Content
- Peric, J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Avian pathology 1996 v.25 no.2 pp. 359-367
- broiler chickens; chicks; histamine; body weight; aspartate transaminase; alanine transaminase; creatine kinase; enzyme activity; blood serum; slaughter weight; feed intake; gender differences; finishing; liveweight gain
- ... Three groups of Hybro broiler chickens, of which one group were controls, a second treated intragastrically with histamine, and a third stressed by immersion in water, were used in the experiment. Serum activities of aspartate and alanine aminotransferase and creatine kinase were evaluated. Gizzard erosion length, body weight during fattening, slaughter-house or final body weight, food consumption ...
- Peric, J., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- British poultry science 1999 v.40 no.4 pp. 523-528
- hens; blood chemistry; toxins; toxicity; dosage; dose response; calcitriol; quantitative analysis; phosphorus; magnesium; calcium
- ... 1. Five groups of laying hens were treated with different gizzerosine doses (0, 2.5; 5.0; 7.5; 10.0 mg/kg/body weight of gizzerosine) daily over a 21-day period to determine the serum concentrations of 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol (1,25(OH)(2)D), total calcium, inorganic phosphorus and magnesium. Blood samples were taken on days 7, 14, and 21 of the experiment. 2. The concentration of 1,25(OH)(2) ...
- Perić, J., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 1999 v.47 no.2 pp. 233-241
- anesthesia; body weight; carcass weight; chickens; chicks; chloroform; cimetidine; diet; feed deprivation; feed intake; finishing; gizzard; histopathology; males; morphometry; tap water; weight gain
- ... The work describes the effects of cimetidine on stress-induced gizzard erosions (Experiment A) and the influence of the long-term application (42 days) of the same drug on weight gain and feed consumption during broiler fattening (Experiment B). For Experiment A, 60 male, three-day-old chicks were divided into two groups: C (n = 30) - control chicks treated with 0.5 ml saline; CIM (n = 30) - chick ...