Jump to Main Content
- Perna, Paolo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2018 v.88 pp. 8-16
- agricultural land; birds; correlation; entropy; forests; functional diversity; grasslands; models; phylogeny; planning; scientists; species diversity
- ... Diversity metrics are commonly used to measure or quantify species-level biodiversity in a given area. In recent decades, ecologists developed many measures and indices in order to quantify a larger proportion of information about communities or species assemblages. Commonly these measures are based on species richness or species evenness, in relation to their relative abundance. Among the most co ...
- Perna, Paolo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2013 v.34 pp. 372-379
- altitude; biodiversity; biogeography; birds; breeding; ecosystems; forests; geographic information systems; grasslands; habitats; land cover; landscapes; models; population size; surveys; trophic relationships
- ... Species distribution models are often used to study the biodiversity of ecosystems. The modelling process uses a number of parameters to predict others, such as the occurrence of determinate species, population size, habitat suitability or biodiversity. It is well known that the heterogeneity of landscapes can lead to changes in species’ abundance and biodiversity. However, landscape metrics depen ...