Jump to Main Content
- Peterson, Tarla R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of rural studies 2015 v.39 pp. 199-209
- case studies; hunters; natural resources conservation; politics; protected species; society; Finland; Scandinavia; Sweden
- ... Populist hunting movements have risen in recent years to safeguard rural interests against nature conservation. In extreme cases this movement has been accompanied by the illegal hunting of protected species. Using Sweden and Finland as a case study, the article elucidates how the perceived exclusion of hunters in the public debate on conservation mobilised this subculture toward resistance agains ...
- Peterson, Tarla R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy Policy 2013 v.56 pp. 101-113
- case studies; electricity; energy; issues and policy; models; planning; stakeholders; wind; wind power; Minnesota; Montana; Texas
- ... Efforts to plan and site transmission for wind power cannot currently keep pace with wind power development. The very nature of wind power, whether distributed or intermittent, challenges traditional models of electricity grid development. Much of the decision authority for transmission is located at the state level, creating tensions between a system-wide need for transmission capacity and the lo ...