Jump to Main Content
- Petrus, José C.C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2017 v.52 no.3 pp. 781-787
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Fragaria ananassa; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; ice; juices; strawberries
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of freeze concentration of strawberry juice on content of total phenolic, anthocyanins content and antioxidant activity of the concentrated fluid and the ice obtained. An increase in the values of phenolic content was observed in the concentrate fraction for all the freeze concentration stages (five stages). The process efficiency presented a reduc ...
- Petrus, José C.C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2008 v.89 no.1 pp. 17-23
- sausages; sausage casings; pork; soy protein; soybean oil; surfactants; porosity; tensile strength; vapors; permeability; color; sensory properties; mechanical properties; scanning electron microscopy; thickness; food packaging
- ... Large quantities of natural casings are used in sausage production, affecting quality and cost aspects. The influence of different casing treatments with surfactant solutions on the stuffing yield of Calabrese sausage was studied in this work. The effect of process variables (soy lecithin and soy oil concentrations, temperature and treatment time) on casing properties was evaluated with the aid of ...