Jump to Main Content
- Pettersen, T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of agronomy and crop science 2018 v.204 no.2 pp. 185-195
- Agrostis; Festuca rubra subsp. rubra; Poa annua; deficit irrigation; field capacity; golf courses; green leafy vegetables; irrigation management; lawns and turf; mosses and liverworts; organic matter; thatch; water use efficiency; water utilization; Norway
- ... Conversion from annual bluegrass or bentgrasses to red fescue could be an efficient way to minimise water use on golf greens. Our objective was to investigate the influences of four irrigation strategies on red fescue water use efficiency, turf quality, growth rate and resistance to annual bluegrass and moss invasion. The trial was carried out from August 2013 to August 2015 on a green established ...
- Pettersen, T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agronomy and crop science 2016 v.202 no.1 pp. 69-80
- Agrostis capillaris; Festuca rubra; Lolium perenne; Poa pratensis; crop coefficient; drying; evapotranspiration; field capacity; heat; irrigation scheduling; lawns and turf; mowing; turf grasses
- ... Determination of crop coefficients (Kc), the ratio between actual (ETₐ) and reference evapotranspiration (ET₀), is necessary to schedule irrigation. Our objective was to determine Kc, turf quality and growth rate under daily irrigation to field capacity (FC = −3 kPa tension) and drying. Minilysimeters installed in a green (mowing height 3–5 mm) and fairway (15 mm) were weighed during four periods ...