Jump to Main Content
- Pezzato, A. C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 2017 v.101 no.5 pp. e427
- adulthood; blood; breast muscle; corn; diet; finishing; growth curves; half life; males; muscle tissues; quails; rice; soybean meal; stable isotopes
- ... We aimed to study the behaviour of tissue renewal in blood, pectoral muscle and keel of fattening quails during their growth and adulthood through carbon‐13 turnover using the stable isotope technique. Three hundred male European quails were randomly subjected to six treatments. Diets fed to animals were initially based on corn and soybean meal and were replaced at 0, 7, 14, 21, 28 and 35 days of ...
- Pezzato, A. C., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Poultry science 2012 v.91 no.2 pp. 478-486
- animal byproducts; broiler feeding; carbon; certification; chicken meat; chickens; chicks; diet; eating habits; ingredients; mass spectrometry; nitrogen; poultry meal; stable isotopes; traceability; vegetables; wings; Brazil
- ... Studies on the detection of animal by-products in poultry meat are rare and practically nonexistent in chicken meat. With the development of the technique of stable isotopes for traceability purposes and the certification of broiler diet patterns, it has been necessary to know the behavior of the isotopic signature of different tissues in birds, in case of a potential replacement of a diet contain ...