Jump to Main Content
- Philbert, Martin A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2015 v.119 no.35 pp. 20632-20641
- chlorides; citrates; coatings; electrostatic interactions; gastric juice; gastrointestinal system; humans; ingestion; nanoparticles; nanosilver; oral exposure; pH; physical chemistry; silver; toxicity
- ... As silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) are used in a wide array of commercial products and can enter the human body through oral exposure, it is important to understand the fundamental physical and chemical processes leading to changes in nanoparticle size under the conditions of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Rapid AgNP growth was observed using nanoparticle tracking analysis with 30 s resolution over ...
- PubMed Central:
- Philbert, Martin A, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Advances in food and nutrition research 2015 v.6 no.1 pp. 124-131
- beriberi; bioactive compounds; consumer education; demographic statistics; food availability; food composition; food fortification; food intake; goiter; guidelines; issues and policy; marketing; nutrient content; nutrient deficiencies; nutrient intake; nutrients; pellagra; public health; rickets; Canada; United States
- ... Fortification is the process of adding nutrients or non-nutrient bioactive components to edible products (e.g., food, food constituents, or supplements). Fortification can be used to correct or prevent widespread nutrient intake shortfalls and associated deficiencies, to balance the total nutrient profile of a diet, to restore nutrients lost in processing, or to appeal to consumers looking to supp ...