Jump to Main Content
- Picco, Andrea, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.174 no.4 pp. 884-896.e17
- actin; cell movement; endocytosis; eukaryotic cells; mathematical models; microscopy; polymerization; yeasts
- ... Clathrin-mediated endocytosis is an essential cellular function in all eukaryotes that is driven by a self-assembled macromolecular machine of over 50 different proteins in tens to hundreds of copies. How these proteins are organized to produce endocytic vesicles with high precision and efficiency is not understood. Here, we developed high-throughput superresolution microscopy to reconstruct the n ...
- Picco, Andrea, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Cell 2017 v.168 no.3 pp. 400-412.e18
- direct contact; exocytosis; fluorescence microscopy; plasma membrane; secretory granules; yeasts
- ... The structural characterization of protein complexes in their native environment is challenging but crucial for understanding the mechanisms that mediate cellular processes. We developed an integrative approach to reconstruct the 3D architecture of protein complexes in vivo. We applied this approach to the exocyst, a hetero-octameric complex of unknown structure that is thought to tether secretory ...