Jump to Main Content
- Piedra-Arroni, Estefania, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.88 pp. 84694-84697
- amino acids; aqueous solutions; coordination compounds; pH; polyglutamic acid; polypeptides; zinc
- ... Among the smart polymers, smart polypeptides have a unique polymeric scaffold made of amino acids whose structuring can be controlled by an external stimuli. Herein we present how coordination chemistry to Zn species can be reversibly used to control the helix-to-coil transition of synthetic poly(l-glutamic acid) (PGA) polymers at a neutral pH of 7 in aqueous solutions. ...
- Piedra-Arroni, Estefanía, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2013 v.135 no.36 pp. 13306-13309
- composite polymers; molecular weight; phosphine; polyesters; polymerization; zinc
- ... Dual systems combining Zn(C₆F₅)₂ with an organic base (an amine or a phosphine) promote the controlled ring-opening polymerization of lactide and ε-caprolactone. The Lewis pairs cooperate to activate the monomers, affording well-defined high molecular weight cyclic polyesters. Efficient chain-extension gives access to cyclic block copolymers. ...